SPARC

As a Mount Saint Mary's commuter, I have never attended SPARC. However, this year my friend had a poster and I wanted to support her. Well, I am glad I did.



As I walked around and observed the students' posters, I was shocked by the abilities of the Mount's students. I mean I am going to school with GENIUSES. Not only did I learn new things within multiple academic fields, but I learned about journals and clubs that the Mount has. I am disappointed that I have only attended my junior year. I am wondering about the things I have missed out the previous years.

As a commuter, I do not attend many Mount events. I do not experience the same inclusion that boarding students experience. However, the atmosphere as SPARC had really changed my mind about the Mount. The support students were giving their peers was inspiring. Friends teaching friends about the subjects they are interested in. Professors themselves learning from their students. Meeting different students that are interested in your work.

SPARC really captures the abilities of Mount Saint Mary's student and the encouraging support our community holds.

Overall, awesome experience. AND FREE MERCH! Can't wait for next year!

Comments